Wednesday, October 7, 2015

6 worth while reasons for learning to sew

I'm gonna give six reasons why you should learn how to sew. 
This cost $9 to make.

1. Sewing is an essential tool in daily living. If you loose a button or rip your jacket, you should know how to repair it and not always depend on grandma or the cleaners (which could cost an arm and a leg).

This was a jersey knit bed sheet set I got from the thrift store for $3.99. It was enough to make two dresses like this. I sold one and kept the other.

2. Learning to sew to economically smart and benefital. In many cases, you can make dozens of outfits for the cost of just one. And for most women we like options therefore learning to sew will give you options and perhaps a way to increase your revenue.
3. Sewing is empowering. I feel at my best when I finish a piece and try it on and it looks great!!!! And when others see me, now they know I made what I'm wearing and they recognize my power too.
4. Sewing makes me proud. Show off!!!! Yes, it is true that I am a show off when it comes to showing my individual style and creativity through my sewing. 
5. Sewing is inspirational. 
"When you Get, Give. When you learn, teach" (Dr. Angelou). 
 This is a quote I use often because I truly believe in it. My profession is being a special education teacher who teaches sewing therefore, this is just not my job, it's my passion to teach others. It brings me great joy to teach others how to sew. So, you should be inspired to learn.
This tutu skirt cost $20 to make.

Remember "It ain't what you wear, it's how you wear it"

Instagram @outthetrunk2009
#outthetrunk2009
Pinterest- Outthetrunk2009 

#imakethislookeasy
#happythrifter
#itaintwhatyouwearitshowyouwearit
#madeitmyself
#outthetrunk2009
#madeitmyself
#ootd #outfitoftheday #lookoftheday #TagsForLikes #fashion #fashiongram #style #love #beautiful #currentlywearing #lookbook #wiwt #whatiwore #whatiworetoday #ootdshare #outfit #clothes #wiw #mylook #fashionista #todayimwearing #instastyle @TagsForLikes #instafashion #outfitpost #fashionpost #todaysoutfit #fashiondiaries

See it
Like it
Share it

Please and thank you 
TTD
"Outthetrunk2009" 

3 comments: